Thank you for visiting my personal webpage!
I am a Senior Researcher at VIRTUAL VEHICLE Research GmbH, Graz (Austria). I started my career in automotive in 2011 and held several R&D positions since then, in Prevent Group (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and AVL List (Austria). I received Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from the Univesity of Sarajevo and a Ph.D. degree from the Graz University of Technology, all focused on Automation and Control. Through the ITEAM project, as a Marie Curie Fellow, I was a visiting researcher at TU Delft, University of Sarajevo, AVL List and Volvo Cars. Currently, I serve as a member of the IFAC Technical Committee for Intelligent Autonomous Vehicles and Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Vehicle Autonomous Systems. My current research interests include Planning, Learning and Control methods applied to Autonomous Vehicles. I publish regularly on major Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Control events, and I am the recipient of the IFAC Young Author Award and Hans List Scholarship.
I am developing AI driver with a goal to achieve better efficiency, safety and comfort than any human driver!
- 05.11.2018 – I gave a talk on the topic “Vehicle automation and Motion planning” during Engineering Seminar on the Balaton lake, Hungary,
- 31.10.2018 – I participated in Conference on Robot Learning (CoRL), Zurich, Switzerland (link)
- 24-27.8.2018 – I presented ITEAM project on the central event of the European Researcher’s Night, Brussels, Belgium (link
- 2-7.9.2018 – I participated and presented my work on the Cooperative Interacting Vehicles 2018 Summer school, Nouan-le-Fuzelier, Franc
- 03.10.2018 – I presented our paper on the IROS conference, Madrid (link, video)
- 15.07.2018 – I presented our work on ICML / IJCAI / AAMAS Workshop on Planning and Learning (PAL-18), Stockholm, Sweden (link)
- 19-29.6.2018 – I was in the Netherlands, participating in ICAPS conference and Summer School and visiting TU Delft.
- 7.6.2018 – For our work, I was awarded IFAC Young Author Award
- 5-8.6.2018 – I presented our paper on the IFAC Symposium on Control in Transportation Systems (CTS 2018), Savona, Italy (link